Happy Wednesday Fellow Stampers :-)
Can you believe it's Hump Day again ? It's that time of the month -- Welcome to the November Pals Blog Hop, we are thankful you stopped by. This month we are showcasing projects that show our thanks, including both Thank You and Thanksgiving themed projects.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Patti MacLeith's beautiful website, Papercrafts by Patti, on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing projects.
I'm excited to bring you today, a Thanksgiving setting for your table, totally coordinated and ready, including Thanksgiving cards for those who can't attend your event :-) I think somehow Thanksgiving gets overlooked each year as everyone rushes toward Christmas; so I think it's lovely that we get to take a little time today to plan for this holiday that gets caught "inbetween" :-)
The place mats are so easy peasy with our new Festive Designer Kraft paper rolls, and the I'm Thankful For stamp. What a perfect way to start your Thanksgiving gathering by having everyone take a few minutes and write down what they're most thankful for and sharing :-)
Every place setting needs a placecard and a party favor. These placecards are fun; and once you master the punch art turkey, not terribly difficult :-) My little curvy keepsake Turkey is perfect to tuck a treat inside and let every guest carry home as a keepsake!
Use the Bird Builder and Owl Builder punches to create your steaming turkey -- it's not hard :-)
Washi Tape and a button with a little linen thread make for an easy 4" x 4" placecard that is stylish and quick.
How about those fabulous Curvy Keepsake Boxes you've been seeing everywhere this Fall :-) They are truly terrific and are a great jumping off point for so many wonderfully creative ideas. This here is my Thanksgiving Turkey Baby, all set and ready to be filled with some sweet and place at each place setting for the lucky recipient to take home. I embossed the die cut pieces with the Fancy Fan TIEF before putting the box together to give texture and a "feathered" effect. Then I went to town with the Four Feathers stamp set and framelits. So much fun :-) The colors for the feathers on my fun Turkey Baby are Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, and Cajun Craze. The "head piece" feathers are made from Soft Suede; while the main box and body are cut from Early Espresso. If you're wondering how I got the light / dark "effect" on the box, the cardstock used is the retired Early Espresso Core'd'nations cardstock. I love how this cardstock works with our embossing folders and am sad it is retired :(
Time to top off your place setting with the napkin ring :-)
Hopefully you can see these alright, since the lighting seems a little "bright" in these photos -
The napkin is tied with Crushed Curry Chevron ribbon. Attached to that is a "bouquet" of leaves created with the Autumn Accents Bigz die. I created "veins" on the leaves using the little tree stamp from the Holiday Home stamp set stamped in Versamark and then "glittered" using Heat and Stick powder and Gold glitter. They are laid together with glue dots, tied with linen thread around their stems, with a cute Autumn Wooden Element added in and a fun tag created with the For All Things stamp set and the new Note Tag Punch (stamped in Encore Metallic Gold on Crushed Curry), and tied off with a little bow. The entire ensemble is attached to the Crushed Curry tie on the napkin with a couple glue dots. This allows your guest to remove the "bouquet" and set it aside without destroying it :-) Another wonderful keepsake to take home!
You'll need a fun Thanksgiving card for all your friends and family far away. This one is perfect, created with the Circle Card Thinlets die, and also incorporating your cute punch art roasted turkey. The sentiment is from the new Mingle All the Way stamp set; a very versatile stamp set for the holiday season! Keep your card simple by using the Color Me Autumn designer washi tape -- so easy :-)
I hope you have enjoyed my table montage today :-) I hope you feel inspired to get ready for this "thankful" holiday coming up! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ready your comments.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about my design details. I'll be happy to help you if I can :-) And have a fabulous time today on the Stampin' Pretty Pals Blog Hop!
The next stop is Jackie Diediker at Stampin' With Jackie, on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
Until Next Time . . .
The Doggone Delightful Stampin' Team!
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Angie Valle-Peters at Paperluxuries
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com
- Amy L. Lazzell at Just A Thought...Cards by Amy
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- September Gray at septembergray.com
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
- Amy Whelan at Amy's Inklings
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin' Jackie
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb...
- Kim Jolley at Stampin' Artfully
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space