Good Morning Fellow Stampers :-)
Welcome to Wednesday, and the 2nd Wednesday of April -- time for our Stampin' Pretty Pals Blog Hop :-)
I am so thrilled you stopped in for a visit! This month we are featuring projects focused on "families first." This is a great time of year to think about what to make for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or upcoming graduations. Then there are family vacations, new babies, and so much more!!! How would you want to remember those special family moments? We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs in today's line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. You can use the listing to help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
So without further ado, let's jump into today's project :-)
Today's project is inspired by my upline, Ann Schach, and my sadness over the soon retirement of one of my most favorite "baby" sets in quite a long time ~ the Little Cuties stamp set. I fell in love with the rocking horse in this set the moment I saw it, and knew I would want to make lots of cute cards with this set. Ann made a card several weeks back that I just fell in love with and have been contemplating on my work table for awhile now. So I attacked it with a ferociousness for today's project -- LOL 😊
I gave this CASE'd design my own twist and flavor for each card - wanting each card to be special and useful for a specific purpose; namely, the gender of the baby.
What could be more about "family first" than the addition of a blessed little one!
And what could be sweeter than a special card to help welcome the bundle of joy!
Each of these cards is similar but unique in its own way.
And these cards are heavily detailed, and quite difficult - primarily because of all the intricate fussy cutting - including the saddle and bridle cut separately in each case. It's a painstaking process but well worth the end result!!
Starting with my So Saffron card, this cutie is stamped on gingham from the Succulent Garden DSP collection, with the image stamped again on So Saffron so I could cut the saddle and bridle separately. Mane, tails, hooves are all watercolored with either Soft Suede or Tip Top Taupe (as in this case) using a blender pen. The "wood" of the rocking horse base is watercolored with an Aquapainter and a blender pen combination and Soft Suede and Smoky Slate inks.
This cutie has Gold Wink of Stella overlay on his saddle, with Metallic Enamel Shapes on the bridle and saddle accents. Very Vanilla thick baker's twine gives a nice country twist to the card, which is embossed with the Lucky Stars TIEF in the background.
This cutie is all ready to take on a princess, all flush in Sweet Sugarplum gingham, also from the Succulent Garden DSP collection.
The Falling Petals TIEF will be retiring at the end of May unfortunately 😞 So enjoy it now while you can!!
Each card's layering circle set is embossed to match the background and popped with dimensionals.
This sweet rocking horse is all decked out with Pearls, and Clear Wink of Stella to add the perfect shimmer!
Now what little rockin' cowboy wouldn't love a pearl handled gun, and a diamond studded saddle?
Hey, I read the westerns - every good gun slinger was rootin' tootin' dandy!!! LOL 😉
Pool Party is the color of choice for this sweet cutie, and Rhinestones the embellishment of choice. The Seaside TIEF creates the perfect background for a dancing pony.
A close up will give you a little more detail.
This saddle is cut from Shimmery White cardstock, with added Wink of Stella for lots of shimmer, to go with the glistening rhinestones!!
This checkerboard pattern? It's from the Tasty Treats specialty DSP collection. Bet you didn't know we had so many cute papers tucked into these collections ~ check them out!!
Don't miss out on this stamp set -- it has so many more possibilities!! I'm already thinking of some other things I want to do while I'm sitting here writing this!! 😄 Get this set before the end of May, and happy crafting to all of you!! Thanks for visiting with me today. Your next stop on today's Blog Hop is Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti. Or you can refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. I hope to see you next month!
Until Next Time . . .
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen's Stampin' Habit!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb...
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Debra Simonis at Deb's Stampin' Grounds
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards